Here are some tips on what to do in order to form a lean and strong body:
- When you start out lifting weights, your entire body needs work. So, don´t waste your time doing dozens of isolated exercises like leg extensions. Instead, stick to compound exercises like squats. It´s the quickest way to build lean muscle mass.
- Machines are a great way to build some basic strength. However, machines alter the way your body naturally moves and restrict your range of motion. To get the best results, try to do the exercises with free weights.
- Keep your workouts short. Rather than spending hours at the gym doing light exercises, you want to focus on a high-impact workout that´s no longer than one hour.
- Once again: Keep your workouts short. That is also true for cardio. No need to spend hours on the treadmill. Limit your cardio to 30 minutes at a time.
- Change your workout routine frequently. Your body gets used to specific exercises and stops to adopt. In order to make further progress, you need to keep your body guessing about the future challenges it has to overcome.
- Give yourself a rest. You need rest days in between workouts in order to give your body the chance to recover from the work.ness bodybuilding building mass getting ripped losing fat philosophy